Sunday, November 14, 2021

New Phone Adventures

 

Today at brunch Rich and I were outnumbered by the Sagittarii. Travalon thought it was hilarious that one guy ordered his chicken parmesan sandwich with the chicken not breaded, and he wanted some vegetables on it... but then he ordered a side of cheese curds. Like, is he a healthy eater or not?? 

Then the day got frustrating. I had to get a new cell phone before January because my old one would stop working, so we went to a place that was supposed to open at 11, but it wasn't open, and so we went to the antiques shop next door and I bought a rosary and some vaseline glass I didn't need. Also some Moslem prayer beads (I think?), because why not? I already have some Buddhist prayer beads. They hadn't opened by 12:30, so we went to the one in the mall, but that was packed. We went to another one that wasn't actually T-Mobile but Metro by T-Mobile, so they couldn't help us. Finally we got to an open one, but their bathroom was out of order. Fortunately I could walk to Woodman's Grocery Store and use theirs, and Travalon was able to get some coffee because he hadn't had any yet. Now I have an iPhone 12... and an iPhone 6, because my old phone was locked somehow, so they couldn't delete the data off of it so I could trade it in. That's okay, because the new one doesn't have a phone jack, so now I can still listen to music with headphones. Also, the battery on my old phone is dying, so should I get a new battery put in? So far I'm mostly satisfied with the new phone, but it's bigger, and my FitBit won't sync. I have tried everything they suggested online, and nothing is working. The one thing I didn't try was deleting the app and reinstalling it, but I hate to lose my years of data that were in there. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon...

Of course, since we wasted so much time on the phone, I hardly got any outdoor time. We did take a hike by the bluff near our house, and that made me quite late to Irish class. Travalon watched the first half of the Packers game at a bar while I was in class, and I didn't miss much offensively (one field goal), but it sounds like the defense were amazing. I did watch most of the second half, when they got two touchdowns. They never let Seattle score any points. Wow, a blowout versus Russell Wilson! Amazing!


Famous Hat


No comments: