Thursday, December 23, 2021

Early Christmas in Rochester

 

This morning Travalon and I got in the car, and we drove until Mill Bluff State Park, where we took a hike around Mill Bluff. Travalon took some photos with his good camera, including a Christmas tree (well, an evergreen) on top of Bee Bluff, but I forgot to bring the device to load the photos from his camera to my computer. We also stopped at the Dino Stop in St. Charles, Minnesota, a Sinclair station with a gift shop full of Dino the Dinosaur memorabilia. When we got to Rochester, we convinced Ma Hat to walk with us all the way around Silver Lake, which is a "fake lake" that isn't that big. It took us an hour to walk around it. Here are a couple of photos Travalon took with his phone: the dam and a goose party.



Then I took Travalon and Ma and Pa Hat out to Victoria's, an Italian restaurant. It was so good! There were lots of Christmas decorations downtown, including red and green trees all over. Travalon took some photos with his phone.







After that, we went back to Ma and Pa Hat's house, and they gave Travalon and me shortbread, and they also gave me the necklace I wore at our wedding, which used to belong to my great-grandmother. My brother came over, but my nephew was sick, so we chatted with him on the phone. He and my brother had picked out a photo of Travalon and me in front of the waterfall at Willow River State Park, and they had used a 3D printer to make this really cool thing which in regular light looks like an ivory-colored sculpture of the photo, but when you put a strong light behind it, you can see all the details of the photo. I don't know how to explain it, or if it would show up in a photo, but it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I gave Ma Hat a music box and Pa Hat an ornament from Beleek in Ireland, and I gave my brother a sign that says: "Motorcycle Parking only. All others will be hogtied." I won't say what I got for my nephew, because he hasn't seen it yet. Then Travalon and I came to our hotel, the Kahler, and we swam in the very warm pool on the top floor, under the glass dome. Now we are very tired and heading to bed.


Famous Hat

No comments: