Tuesday, December 28, 2021

White (Fourth Day of) Christmas

 

Today I had to run into my actual office to do a couple of things, so we went quickly before the snow started. Just as we were getting home it began, and it still hasn't let up as far as I know. I requested a sub for my adoration hour, since my car doesn't have four-wheel drive, and Travalon's does, but he was working (from home) until 6:30, and my hour starts at six. Once he got off of work, we walked over to Mariner's, since they were having a slow night, and we tipped them well. Here are some photos. First, the little Christmas tree in our neighborhood looks even cuter with some snow on it.


This photo shows you how hard the snow was falling.


Mariner's was decorated so beautifully for Christmas. You can see that we were practically the only people there besides the waitstaff. I think there were two other tables and a guy at the bar.


While Travalon was driving me to campus, he played the Paul Simon album Graceland for me in the car because he knows I love it. I was a young teen when it first came out, and I loved the South African rhythms, but now as I approach half a century, the spirituality of the words really gets to me. I can hardly listen to some of the songs without crying. Is Paul Simon a religious man? As far as I know, he was raised Jewish and isn't a practicing anything, but he must be deeply spiritual. The third verse of "You Can Call Me Al" always gets me, and the ending of "Graceland," and something about the whole song "Boy in the Bubble." I really think this album may be one of the greatest works of art ever.

Happy birthday to OK Cap!


Famous Hat


No comments: