Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Overrun with Slide Shows

 

As I have mentioned, my phone was so clogged with photos that when I got a new one, it literally couldn't run. So I now pay for iCloud space, but even that is getting filled up with photos. And here's why: my phone and my computer Boethius keep making slide shows for me. I have blogged previously about the many interesting slide shows Boethius has made for me, but my phone has surpassed him in ridiculousness. The other day I noticed that it had made a slide show called "Travalon 2018," and of course what would a person rather look at than photos of their beloved? So I watched it, and then it showed me "Travalon 2019" and then "Travalon 2020," and then "Travalon 2021," and THEN "Travalon Summer 2018," "Travalon Summer 2019," "Travalon Summer 2020".... OKAY, phone, I get the idea! But each of these slide shows is probably taking up a ton more space than the original photos did, because they are set to music and stuff. I feel like Apple is doing this on purpose, making slide shows of absolutely everything - today it made one called "Among the Trees" - so that eventually I will have to pay for a HUGE amount of space in the iCloud. I think the next step up is an actual terabyte of space for $10 per month. What a dirty trick! I liked the slide shows at first, but now they are overwhelming, and I have no idea how to delete them or keep my phone and Boethius from creating new ones. They are just going to create one for every possible permutation of my photos. Help!


Famous Hat


No comments: