Thursday, December 2, 2021

Some Zoo Photos

 

I am afraid that some of the best photos from yesterday at the Milwaukee Zoo are still on Travalon's phone, and I can't seem to airdrop them to Boethius. I do have a few that airdropped from his phone yesterday, and the ones from my phone that finally uploaded to the cloud and then downloaded to Boethius. Sigh - this really seems so much less efficient than when I used to just plug my little iPhone 6 into Boethius, and the photos would magically transfer to him. A couple of my best photos are still missing. Maybe someday I'll be able to post all the photos from the zoo... Meanwhile, here are a few, starting with a zebra that wants to go inside.


This is a weird-looking fish from the Amazon, and the odd reflection just makes it weirder.

Here are an adult whooping crane and its daughter, born June 1. She's the one with the orange patterns.

It's kind of hard to see the rhinoceros hornbill behind all this fencing, but it is an enormous bird that looks like it could kill you.

This tiny duck is a bufflehead. They always look cute on the lake, but up close you can see that they are actually totes adorbs.

This is a mandarin duck.

And these are ibises.

Maybe it was a mistake to try to airdrop so many photos. The one I really want is a crazy hornbill from Africa (the rhinoceros hornbills are Asian) that was knocking on the door to get inside. I guess it was too cold yesterday, although the day was fairly mild. Then it ran right under us and looked up at us, and Travalon got a fantastic photo of it. Maybe someday I can share it with you...

Wait, hold the presses - it worked. Maybe I need to send them one at a time. 


Once again, Blogspot uploaded these in the opposite order that I requested. Here are some poinsettias from the Country Christmas light extravaganza.


This is the giant cookie we had at the Irish pub.


This is a young camel. His name is Oliver and I can't remember how old he is.


This alpaca was looking at us with great suspicion.


I believe these two antelopes are kudus.



One hyena was pacing, but one was chillaxing.


The cheetahs were also feeling pretty mellow.


I'm not sure what this jaguar is looking at with such interest - it seems like the wall maybe?


There were three giraffes, but I liked this photo of one of them in contemplation best. The other two were playing around.


Here is the elephant by her pool. There are actually three African elephants, all female.


The springhaas is the cutest thing ever, a rodent that looks like a cross between a rabbit and a kangaroo, and it has huge eyes. But it's hard to photograph.


There may be more photos on a future post, because my cool one of two birds called hamarkops seems to be stuck in the cloud, and I may try to airdrop more off of Travalon's phone. Stay tuned.


Famous Hat


No comments: