Saturday, December 4, 2021

Yet More Photos

 

Today I went for a walk on Governor's Island while Travalon watched the Badgers beat Marquette in basketball, then we drove to Milwaukee and met Tiffy at the Park and Ride. Travalon dropped us off at an early music concert ("Christmas in Mexico"), then he went to Boswell's Book Store and had a pint at the Three Lions Pub, and then the three of us went to a Persian restaurant called Shahrazad. The food was very tasty. They had given us Mexican cookies after the concert, so Travalon and I split two when we got home.

After much grief, I am able to post some more photos. Here are a couple of penguins at the Milwaukee Zoo.


And here are the hamarkops. Aren't they interesting-looking?


Tiffy sent me this photo she took of some Christmas lights in her town.


And here are some Christmas lights in our neighborhood.



My clue to my Secret Santa was "blacklight," and she sent me some thank you cards and a painting.


She also sent me a note written in our special club code, and it said the painting would glow under blacklight. Indeed it does!


Tiffy has to go to a white elephant gift exchange, so I asked if she wanted the weird angel I got at the last one I was at. It occurred to both of us that it might glow under blacklight, and I wondered the same thing about "Mamacita," the tiny figure I got in Cuba which somehow lost an eye in my house, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Here they both are under regular light.


As you can see, Mamacita does glow under blacklight!


The only thing that glows on the angel is her lyre.


I stole the idea to have a blacklight birthday party from one of Travalon's kids, who said she was having a glow-in-the-dark birthday party. Of course, since she's like five, we don't know if her birthday is this weekend or in March, since kids that age talk about their birthday parties for eight months beforehand. Maybe I will bring this bizarre angel to the party for a decoration.


Famous Hat


No comments: