Sunday, December 5, 2021

Nearby Christmas Lights

 

Today was a rainy, icky day. Travalon and I both felt a bit under the weather, but we did get some walking in, at East Towne Mall. We bought a biography of Jimi Hendrix and a book (for me, of course) about the wonders of perimenopause called What Fresh Hell Is This? I hope it answers all my questions, because my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, that I had to wait three months for, might be in danger from this cough I have developed. It feels like bronchitis, which I haven't had in decades, but of course they might think it's COVID or something, although it doesn't have the classic COVID symptoms. I also bought a necklace. Then Tiffy and I had talked about going back to Milwaukee for another early music concert, but she said the weather by her was far worse than the weather here, so Travalon and I went on a date to Imperial Garden, where we had shrimp Rangoons and fried potstickers, and I had a cup of hot and sour soup, so of course I ended up taking a lot of my sizzling rice with seafood home. We also had warm saki, thinking that might help our... colds? Bronchitis? Hopefully not COVID? We did feel much better after that, so we went to Waunakee to check out their light display. Here are some photos.





I wondered if the house in a neighborhood across Highway 113 from us was decorated this year. It usually is, but last year it wasn't, so I wondered if they had moved. But it's back! I love the classic white.


Nearby there was this house.


Our neighbors have a fiberoptic Christmas tree. I tried to capture it at the rainbow part of its sequence. I'm posting both photos, so you can decide which is better.



This is not the best selfie of me (my selfie game generally sucks), but you can see my new necklace.


Maybe I should get Travalon to take a photo of me wearing it, because it didn't turn out as well in this photo as I'd hoped. I like to think that both I and the necklace are far better-looking in real life than this photo would lead you to believe!


Famous Hat

No comments: