Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ePlush: A Deep Dark Scary Adult World

I’m not saying I know an excessive number of little girls in the 6-12 age bracket, but the ones I do know have all lost interest in ePlush. Since this would seem to be the target audience for the ePlush website, I wondered if the whole thing would come to a screeching halt sometime soon. However, things just seem to keep improving in ePlush World. The springtime came earlier and more vibrantly this year, the dog at the curio shop has upgraded both his jacket and his gestures, and there are ever more ePlush creatures being offered for sale. So who is keeping this enterprise alive besides me?

In fact, the answer would seem to be: people just like me. I base this on the names of some of the creatures knocking Ynka Armakanki the Llama and Bellamy the Horse out of the top slot on the ePlush game rankings. Possibly a little girl would name a stuffed creature Bellamy, or even Ynka Armakanki, but Pittsburgh? How about Road Kill? I am guessing these are also twenteen-somethings, perhaps even male, who are addicted to the games like I am. They must have to keep it on the down-low even more than I do; as disgusted as many of my friends are with my ePlush obsession, at least I am female and am therefore allowed to go all gaga over cute stuffed animals. Can you imagine these adult male fans? They probably go into the store and tell the clerk they are buying the little stuffed creature for their daughter/niece/neighbor’s kid who dog sat for them. Then they go home, lock the door, log into ePlush, and name their fluffy kitten Thugmaster.

Warning: non sequitor ahead. Once a coworker was reading a local newspaper, and two of the front page headlines were: “Measure Enjoys Broad Support” and “Dyke Failure Leads to Problems.” I said I wondered what that paper had against women, but he didn’t get it. But isn’t that just like a man? They never get it. (Except for my male readers, of course.) If you didn’t get it, here is a joke for you:

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Interrupting cow.
Interrupting cow wh-
MOO!!

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

I think these are the people who are trying to break their addiction to Farmville on facebook to something like eplush. I do confess to playing some of the games, but rockstartailor has forgotten all about eplush