Friday, March 1, 2013

Back to Winter

I am back from New Orleans. I had to come to work because of one lousy meeting today, and there was a message on my answering machine yesterday saying the meeting had been moved to 7:30 am in a room where no coffee is allowed. (I start work at 8:00.) So I had to get up extra early for my first day back at work after a week of sleeping in, and then it was snowing out. Just to underline the fact that I was back in the winter weather, I slipped and fell on the ice while walking to the bus stop. At least I didn't hurt myself, and nobody saw me (that I know of). So that was my welcome back to reality.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I would trade your job and meeting for mine. I am a UW fire victim, our lab is a floor below. The words disaster and mess do not even begin to describe my nightmare. We have to decon everything, salvage whatever was not soaked by water and damaged by smoke and then move somewhere.

Famous Hat said...

Did they ever find out what caused the fire?