Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day, One Day Late


Hopefully you had a great St. Patrick’s Day. I started mine by going to Mass, of course, since it was not only Sunday but also the anniversary of my baptism. Unfortunately Travalon had to work yesterday, so he and I went out Saturday night to Brocach for a pint and then to the Fountain for live jazz. Yesterday Richard Bonomo and I went to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade around the Square, but it was very cold, and someone threw a piece of candy at Rich so hard that it almost knocked him out. Had it hit him just an inch lower, he would have lost an eye! I said, “This is why I wear sunglasses to the parade.” They were flinging beads so hard that the strands would break upon hitting the ground. Who knew the parade could be so dangerous? Then we had a birthday party for Luxuli and her husband; Rich made chicken with creamy parmesan sauce, Kathbert made a delicious angel food cake, and I gave the birthday boy a left-handed notebook… and Luxuli a right-handed notebook of her own so she wouldn’t use his. Today is my brother’s birthday, so Happy Birthday to you, Bro!

Famous Hat

No comments: