Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Email Oops


Yesterday I sent Toque McToque an email and didn’t think much of it when she didn’t reply right away, since Mondays are busy days. I was a little surprised that I still hadn’t heard from her today, but since the email said nothing more important than “Did you have a good weekend?” it wasn’t a big deal or anything. Then I noticed in my Sent mailbox that I had sent an email to a faculty member who is giving a presentation for us, and I was puzzled. “Why would I have asked him how his weekend was?” I thought, then I realized oh no, that was my email to Toque! I had started typing McToque into the address line and it automatically filled in as always, but because this guy’s name was, let’s say, McTope, his filled in first. Fortunately he probably realized the email was meant for someone else, and “Did you have a good weekend?” is friendly but harmless, not like some of the things Toque and I have discussed over email, as my regular readers well know. So I am only a little embarrassed.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

Been there and done that. Damn Microsoft outlook autofill!