Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fake Smile, Real Improvement


They say that if you are feeling bad and make yourself smile, you will feel better. I was always a bit dubious about this claim, but today my office mate Light Bright, who is having a bad day, said, “I plastered a fake smile on my face, and now I feel better!” We are going out for a drink after work because it has been one of those days for her. It was one of those days for me yesterday, but I got to see Travalon last night so that made everything better. We saw the movie about FDR, which was really good. It turned out that the huge project I was working on was not nearly as huge as I’d originally thought, so today I got the project done. What a relief! Poor Light Bright has been slammed with work today, so she is looking forward to that drink tonight. Actually, she wanted to leave right when we were talking about it, but obviously we couldn’t leave work to have a drink, so she just plastered that fake smile on her face… and felt better!

Famous Hat

No comments: