Monday, March 11, 2013

Just Hanging Out


I did go to Speakeasy Science at the Space Place on Friday night, joined by Luxuli and her husband. It was a really fun time: I ate comets (scoops of ice cream with toppings mixed in), smelled space (it smells like ammonia and acetone), made a Rube Goldberg creation to ring a bell, got a temporary tattoo of Saturn and some stars, and observed Jupiter and three of its moons, among other things. It was hands-on science for adults, including one adult beverage. What a great event!

Saturday I met Travalon at the Macha Tea House, and we shared two kinds of tea before he had to leave to watch the high school basketball tournament and I went to meet Tiffy. She and I went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch, then we went to Macha Tea House and hung out there. It is such a cool place: it really is a house where they serve tea. I highly recommend their macha lattes. Then she, Richard Bonomo, and I met Catzooks and her guy at an Indian restaurant, and then we all met Travalon at Le Tigre Lounge, one of my favorite haunts as my regular readers know. Catzook’s guy was really taken with the place and even went down into the basement, where he found a sign that he had put on a coworker’s desk and an unusual stairwell with tiny steps. Sunday Tiffy and I continued our streak of hanging out and talking with Luxuli and her husband, after Sunday brunch. So it was a really fun weekend of just hanging out.

Famous Hat

No comments: