Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Elevator Art


At work we had a dingy old elevator for the staff to use, and a few weeks ago they shut it down completely. When it was working again, it had wood paneling on the sides. “Swanky!” we all said. I don’t remember it shutting down recently, so maybe they did all the work over the weekend. All I know is that on Monday when the doors to the elevator opened, I was greeted by the sight of a backlit picture of cosmos flowers, many times larger than life. I found it very cheerful, and when my office mate Light Bright saw it, she said, “Holy cow!” But now we hear that not everyone is as fond of the change as we are. Some people have said it is overwhelmingly cheerful or just too big. Apparently they don’t enjoy seeing flowers as large as people. Who needs elevator music to complain about when we have elevator art for people to complain about?

Famous Hat

No comments: