Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Some Stuff is Here to Stay


There has been a sign on our work refrigerator for over a week now announcing that it would be cleaned out at 2:00 today, and anything left in it would be thrown away. The last time this happened, a particular faculty member claimed he had no knowledge the cleaning would happen, so this morning I warned him about it. I was suspicious that the cleaners were targeting his stuff, including some smoked whole fish that have sat in the fridge for months, although I didn’t tell him this. His response was to go to the refrigerator and add the words “unlabeled” to the sign so that his labeled stuff would be spared. I didn’t think this ploy would work, and when Light Bright and I went to do the mail around 3:00, I looked in the fridge, and sure enough, all the faculty member’s stuff was gone. We laughed so hard! Light Bright said maybe I should title this blog post “God Complex Smackdown.” However, when we returned from our mail run, I looked in the fridge again, and his stuff was back, though I noticed the smoked fish are now hidden under some slices of cheese. He must have heeded my warning, after all. No word on whether he is ever actually going to eat the fish.

Famous Hat 

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

that is gross I would have thrown away his stuff. Better yet, I can lend you a culture plate and you can see what fuzzy icky stuff grows on it and present it to him. If you frame it as a public health issue, perhaps he will toss it

Famous Hat said...

Hopefully he is not going to eat the fish at this point. He seems to be hanging onto it out of stubbornness.