Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam!


As you probably know by now, we have a new pope and he is from Argentina. I was excited to hear he took the name Francis I, after my very favorite saint, Francis of Assisi. St. Francis is the patron saint of animals and nature, so maybe this pope will be very concerned with the environment. St. Francis was also a man who believed in living simply and giving to the poor, and from what I’ve heard about the new pope, he is similar. He refused to use a chauffeur to get around Buenos Aires and would just take the bus, and he cooked his own meals. He recently visited people in the slums of Buenos Aires. He is also the first Jesuit pope, besides being the first from the Americas. Habemus papam!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I wonder if there will be a papal proclamation on feral cats

Famous Hat said...

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that. The previous pope was a cat person, but I don't know about Francis.