Thursday, October 8, 2015

Go Have Fun


The thing about keeping a blog regularly is that sometimes you just have no inspiration. Yesterday I had pictures to post, but more pictures of the same stuff would just get tiresome. I looked back through some of my older posts from 2010 and 2011, when I thought I’d been more creative, but most of them seemed to be complaining about my job. Interestingly, I had more people comment on the blog then, so maybe they liked to commiserate but now have no interest in my life when I am much happier. The only thing I can think of to blog about is when Handy Woman and I were talking earlier today about vaccinations, and how we both might be due soon for the tetanus shot. She recalled that she had last had one about nine years ago, when she sliced her hand using an X-acto knife to cut a carrot. I said that was about the same time I got one, when I sliced my thumb on the edge of a can of food I had just opened. I told her that I was a super genius and asked for the tetanus shot in my left arm, since I’m right-handed, without stopping to think that the injury had been to my right hand. Of course this meant I effectively had no good hand for several days, while the shot arm was stiff and the wounded hand was sore. It was so bad that I even had to stay home from work the first day. The kicker? I was at home making dinner instead of going out to eat with friends to “save some money,” but the $60 I was charged for the emergency room visit would have paid for not only my dinner but two of my friends’ as well. I guess the lesson in all this is you might as well go have fun, because being virtuous might come back to bite you.

Famous Hat

No comments: