Thursday, October 29, 2015

Man Hits Maple


During my lunch break, I take a walk in the neighborhood around my place of work while praying the rosary. Today I was just finishing up when a very large truck drove down the narrow street, and I heard a loud crack. I looked up, and he had broken the branch off of a maple tree by the side of the road. He just drove off, and I wasn’t sure what to do, since the branch fell into the street but was too large for me to move. Fortunately two men had seen the accident and came over to remove the branch. I was surprised the man driving the truck didn’t stop – how could he not notice what he’d done? If he had hit a person, or a car, he would have had to stop, but I don’t know if there’s any law against damaging a tree. It does seem sad, and I hope the tree will be okay, since it lost a very large branch just as it was going dormant for the winter. It is very pretty at the moment, with yellow and orange leaves, but soon it will be bare. I just hope, when it grows leaves again next spring, that it has enough left to survive.

Famous Hat 

No comments: