Friday, October 16, 2015

Light Bright's Baby Plans


Last night Light Bright and I got together for dinner, like we try to do once a month, and then afterwards we went to the chocolate shop for pumpkin pie chocolates and hot chocolate. It was the perfect thing to do on a cool autumn night! Light Bright’s baby is due on November 10, and she says when she finally has to go back to work and her mother-in-law can’t stay any longer, they are going to put him in bilingual day care. She says she wants him to have an intellectual advantage, since she is very dyslexic and she figures he may be too. I said I carry a gene for dyslexia, per the genetic test I took a couple of years ago, but that would be the least of my worries at my age. She already knows her baby doesn’t have any weird chromosomal abnormalities, or even a cleft lip, and if he were born today, he’d be big enough to survive. That has got to be a relief! The other thing Light Bright is going to do for his intellectual development – big surprise – is have him learn a musical instrument as early as possible. After all, she plays the banjo and guitar herself. I approve both of teaching the little guy Spanish and teaching him an instrument, the two things that have been shown to raise children’s IQs appreciably. I did both as a child… so imagine where I’d be without those advantages! My blog would be even less intellectual…

I hope to bring Boethius my computer to Rich’s house tonight, so that he can show me a simple way to get the photos off of my iPhone and onto Boethius, and then hopefully onto this blog. Emailing them to myself is not the most efficient way to do this, and two Apple products have got to be compatible with each other, right? So look for the photos from my wonderful road trip on Wednesday either later tonight or tomorrow.

Famous Hat

No comments: