Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Buffleheads Are Back

 

This morning when Travalon and I went down to the dock, the buffleheads were back. We hadn't seen them in several days and thought they had migrated further north. Maybe they will stay all summer!




And of course the usual neighbors were around, like the mallards.


And the noisy, nosy red-winged blackbirds.


The teals seem to be here to stay too. There are at least two pairs I have seen.


And of course our buddies the sandhill cranes.


I'm sure you are wondering if this goose jumped in.


The answer is yes, and it was surprisingly graceless. We probably should have made a video. Speaking of videos, for some random reason (it wasn't his birthday or anything), today Johann Gutenberg was on the Google banner, so it seems like a good time to repost this classic from a decade ago:


And it's still the Easter season, so I might as well post this one too:


This is one of my most popular videos on YouTube - it has gotten 434 views! That's practically viral for me. But my most popular one is still the first video I ever uploaded, of myself playing the Italian Wedding Tarantella on my old-fashioned mandolin. That one has over three thousand views!


Famous Hat



No comments: