Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Ducks at the Dock

 

This morning when we went down to the dock, we saw a pair of blue-winged teals and a pair of mallards. The female blue-winged teal looks like a female mallard to me, only smaller, so that must have been what we saw at Patrick Marsh on Sunday in the scummy green pond.


Here are the blue-winged teals by themselves.


And here is just the male. Isn't he an attractive duck?


The cranes were hiding in the marsh grass. They're very good at that.


When we went back out for my morning break, we saw the pair of wood ducks.


Here they are with the much larger male mallard.


This is a really good shot of the female.


The male is really pretty, but Travalon didn't get as good a shot of him.



They are funny ducks, because they squeal instead of quacking.

This next photo is from when my neighbor and I were walking along after the rain, and we saw this drowned worm in a puddle. For my secret club, I'm supposed to find something in nature that looks like a heart and take a picture of it. My neighbor said I should submit this. Maybe I will!


The daffodils are just so cheery right now.



Want to learn some Basque verbs? Here you go! Last night was our last class till who knows when, because our teacher has to go plant trees in the North Woods.


Yesterday my neighbor and I were naughty and walked on the forbidden boardwalk in our neighborhood, and today we did it again. From there we could see this odd vehicle on the train tracks that I have seen go by several times recently when I wasn't in any position to make a video. It makes a sound like a tugboat. However, today it was just sitting there, not cruising down the tracks or tooting.


This evening I ran some errands downtown before my adoration hour, and I just loved this sign outside the local soap store.

My boss was mad today because there is another building on campus that they are going to replace because it leaks, while our building has gone rogue and is trying to kill people. Also, it randomly shut off its own water supply in what they say is a totally unrelated incident to the cement slab that came crashing down on Easter Sunday. Good to know there are seventy more slabs that could potentially fall off just as dramatically, or even more so - some are up on the nineteenth floor! The bright side is that this means I get to work from home even after I have been fully inoculated next week. 


Famous Hat


No comments: