Friday, April 30, 2021

More Springtime Photos

 

The big news in my life is that I am now the treasurer of our condo board. How did this happen? My neighbor told the board president that I am a financial person in my work life, so they figured I would be perfect for the job. We shall see...

Here are some photos Travalon took around our neighborhood. First are two crabapple trees - already blooming and it's not even May yet! The year we got married, they hadn't bloomed by May 10.



I thought this shot he got of the red-winged blackbird was really cool.


And here are some amazing shots he got of the pied-bill grebe, which isn't easy to photograph, since it keeps diving under the water.




More spring flowers in our neighborhood.






I took this photo of a really beautiful tulip.


And we saw this mourning dove playing peek-a-boo with us.



Their mournful cries are haunting from a distance, but they are VERY LOUD when they are right outside your porch when you are trying to work. There were at least two of them out there most of the day today - I believe they have built a nest - and I kept hearing their wings whistling and seeing them peer inside at me. That was maybe a little creepy. But now they seem to be gone. Will they be back tomorrow?


Famous Hat


No comments: