Sunday, April 18, 2021

Quiet Sunday

 

I have had a pounding headache all day, so when Anna Banana II and Jilly Moose suggested a walk at Indian Lake, I didn't think I could hack it. However, some gentle exercise seemed like a good idea, so Travalon and I walked nearby, at Jackson's Landing. Here are some photos. This is the first snake we have seen this season.


These are views of the creek looking toward and away from the lake.



Here is a view of the Capitol Building from Jackson's Landing.


And here is my evil building that is trying to kill people. They say it will be closed through the whole summer, which is just fine by me.


After a rest, we went out to the dock, and my favorite catamaran is out.


Then we went to Governor's Island, and Travalon noticed ruins of some sort of structure.



Here is the Capitol Building as seen from Governor's Island.


Then I had my family Zoom call and my Irish class, but I wasn't very peppy in either one. Afterwards we took a short walk in our neighborhood, and we saw the cranes pecking at some flowers.


The one on the right looks fatter, so I wonder if that's the female full of eggs?


They like to hang out around this little pond.


And they  like to hide in the marsh grass.


We went out on our dock and saw our neighbor on his paddleboard, pulling trash from the water. We also saw a pied-billed grebe, but it's kind of far away in the picture. Instead, enjoy this photo of blue-winged teals from Thursday morning.


One thing about feeling unwell is that I have no appetite. Maybe I shouldn't be in a hurry to feel better, because I could lose so much weight. Nothing else has been working for me so far - walking five miles a day doesn't make any difference, but surely not eating will.


Famous Hat

No comments: