Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Teal Party

 

I know the title of this blog post sounds like it will be about a bunch of preteen girls, but the actual teal party we saw down at the dock this morning was a bunch of blue-winged teals (and mallards).




And the male canvasback is still around.
 

Here you can see him on the left, and the pied-billed grebe on the right.


I thought this photo Travalon took of the red-winged blackbird was excellent.


And we saw two male cardinals chasing each other. Here is one of them.
 

Our neighbors have like five different kinds of daffodils going on.


Today I was very happy as I drove to adoration, but then I thought maybe it was just excessive caffeine. My colleague who is originally from Shanghai drinks green tea all day instead of water, so I thought maybe I should try that. All I could find in our house was black tea, so I used the teabag three times and it never got any paler. That is some potent tea! The question is: will it be as effective tomorrow, or will I not get the same high from it? The question my fellow night prayer attendees had was: will I be able to get to sleep tonight? Another excellent question! But I was so happy, it was like there was a teal party in my mind!


Famous Hat


No comments: