Monday, April 19, 2021

Elvis Plaque in Madtown

 

This morning when Travalon and I went down to the dock, we saw the male canvasback swimming around.


We also saw this Canada goose standing on the next dock over.


At my morning break, we went down to the dock again and saw the wood ducks.


And then a mallard was sitting on the next dock over.


The blue-winged teals are still around too, but no buffleheads today.


In the afternoon I walked with my neighbor, and we saw a train go by. I didn't make a video, but I took a picture of a car with beautiful pink, blue, and green graffiti on it.


Travalon got done with work early today, so we decided to go to the scene of an actual episode here in Madison, when Elvis was driving into town and saw some teens fighting, so he got out of the limo and broke up the fight. We heard the plaque with the story on it had been stolen, but that the monument was still there, so imagine our joy when we saw the plaque was back on the monument!


Here is a close-up so you can read the story for yourself.


We had parked on a side street, since the monument is on East Washington, which is very busy. As we drove down the side street, just a block or two from the monument, we found this street sign!


Coincidence?? After that we went to Klein's, one of my very favorite places, since we were so close to it. I used up the rest of my gift card from the wellness program at work to buy two little succulents, and I also got an oriole feeder, since last year we saw the oriole land on top of the hummingbird feeder and then get very disappointed. Travalon found a flag with paw prints on it that says: "Love has four legs," and he said he could put it over Rodney the poodle's grave. I said it also fit for Callie the cat, and Charlie and Cashmere the bunnies, since they are buried there too. Now we just have to get to Rich's house to put it up over their graves.


Famous Hat


1 comment:

Travalon said...

This happened back in 1977 on Elvis' last tour, just 52 days before he died. He planned on using his newly acquired karate skills on the combatants, but things worked out where it wasn't necessary. I'm a big fan of Elvis' fifties and sixties music- the younger and thinner version of the King. If I were a fanatic I could say I just walked on the same ground the King once walked on, or on his birthday if its' too far to make the 10 hour trek down to Graceland in Memphis, its'just a 15 min. drive from home to this plaque site to honor him.