Saturday, April 3, 2021

Holy Saturday on the Lake Waubesa Boardwalk

 

Last night, as usual, I talked to Tiffy. She was visiting her parents up in the North Woods, so her connection wasn't as good until after ten, when everyone else must have gone to bed. She actually sent me this photo a few weeks ago, but it's perfect for me. If I had any idea where she found this shirt, I might be tempted to buy it for myself:


Today I had to go to a Union meeting at the Labor Temple, when it was such a beautiful day outside. I thought it was an hour-long meeting, but when I got there, they said it would be two hours! I said sorry, Travalon was coming to pick me up at noon, so I could only stay an hour. While I was at the meeting, he was at the zoo. It was such a warm day that it seemed tropical, with the flamingos out.



As usual, the aardvark was sleeping.


One of the seals was swimming around.


And Travalon's favorites, the red pandas, were out and about!




After the meeting, we met Anna Banana II, Richard Bonomo, and OK Cap for lunch at the Green Lantern in McFarland, then we all but Rich walked on the boardwalk along Lake Waubesa. In the distance on Mud Lake we could see lots of coots, buffleheads, and gulls, and Travalon took some photos, but they weren't in focus. We did see what we thought was a crane standing in the water, but now that I look at the photos, it's clearly a blue heron.



We also saw this little muskrat swimming alongside us as we walked on the boardwalk.


On Lake Waubesa we saw quite a bird party, with gulls, Canada geese, mallard ducks, buffleheads, and these ducks that I just found out, thanks to Google, are blue-winged teals.






As we were heading back, we heard a crane going crazy, and then two cranes flew right over us!



There's a railroad alongside the trail, and I just liked this photo Travalon took of it.


Then when we got home, this was in the mail! Years ago, Rosa Peligrosa had a rosary like this. It's made of rose petals and smells wonderful.


And when you look in the little window on the cross, you can see Our Lady of Guadalupe!


I haven't used it yet to pray the Rosary, but I did use it to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, since the Divine Mercy Novena started yesterday. Now I'm off to the Vigil Mass.


Famous Hat


No comments: