Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Flowers, Turtles, Birds, and Other (Stuffed) Animals

 

In the mornings before I start work, Travalon and I go down to the dock, and we see buffleheads. The other day we also saw blue-winged teals. This evening when I got done with work, I went down and saw a pair of wood ducks. When they saw me, they flew away squealing. We also see the crane sitting on her nest. Of course, the blog inserted all my photos in the opposite order, so here is a picture Travalon said I should take because it looks like Raymond is rocking out to some awesome tunes.

And here is Jilly Moose with her own buddy, Whiskey.

It seems like the flowers are blooming very early this year. There are a lot of daffodils in our neighborhood.






And more yellow flowers - forsythias! 


And, of course, lovely fragrant hyacinths.


Down at the dock we see turtles swimming around, sticking their heads out of the water now and then. The other day some neighbors and I were down there, and we saw one on a little micro-island that has formed just off our dock. Then this morning Travalon and I saw several turtles on a slightly larger micro-island.

And finally, here is the crane sitting on her nest.

Yesterday I saw some people who aren't from the neighborhood park right by her and get really close to her. It made me mad, and I thought about saying something, but I just gave them the Look of Death, and then they got in the car and drove away. Don't harass our cranes, man! This morning two Canada geese were getting too close to her, so she started hollering, and her mate, who was in the Mariners parking lot, hollered back and hurried over. I imagined he was saying, "I'm coming! I'm coming!" I had to go inside and log into work, so I couldn't witness the denouement - did he chase the geese away? I imagine so, since they have been chasing the geese around a lot this year.


Famous Hat


No comments: