Sunday, August 14, 2022

Another Night Prayer Party

 

Last night as I was finishing up the previous blogpost, I suddenly got very sick. Poor Travalon had to take me to the emergency room, where they put me on an IV drip, but I did learn you can refuse tests when they wanted to do a CT scan on me but they said it would expose me to a lot of radiation. No thanks, I came of age in the time of Chernobyl, and I'm terrified of radiation. Anyway, judging by my lab results, it was a case of a slight overdose of prescription medication, so the CT scan wouldn't have found anything anyway. After the IV drip I felt much better, but by then it was six in the morning, so Travalon and I slept for hours and missed all the local Masses. We did take gentle walks at Governor's Island and Cherokee Marsh, but I was struggling to keep up with Travalon, which is not normal. We had some food (I didn't eat much today), and then I felt sleepy again and took a nap, missing Irish class and the evening Masses. 

We did go to a party this evening for a couple who are visiting from out of state. I was feeling slightly better after the nap, and Travalon said I looked a lot better. Most of the Night Prayer regulars were there, and also people from a prayer group that started before I was born. It was a very mellow party, which is all I was up for, and then we did Night Prayer together and Anna Banana II was able to join us remotely. It was great to meet this guy in person who has been doing Night Prayer with us for quite a while now. I skipped band practice to meet him, but honestly I probably wouldn't have gone to band practice or even done anything if it weren't for the party tonight. However, I'm so glad I did make the effort to attend, because it was a lot of fun to see everyone and meet this guy. I will just have to refrain from poisoning myself in the future, especially on a day when someone is coming to town that I have been waiting to meet in person.


Famous Hat


No comments: