Monday, August 8, 2022

Photos from the Zoo and Other Stuff

 

Tonight Travalon and I ate dinner on the porch and watched our little hummingbird friend eat dinner too, from our feeder, then we played tennis by the light of the sunset. My FitBit says we "sported" for 28 minutes. Other than that, not much to report, so here are some recent photos. First, the impressive storm clouds I saw when I went out for a walk at lunch one day. This is on campus.



Travalon got a gift card from the wellness program we have at work, so he bought a Willie Nelson Funko Pop (among other things). More photos of his recent purchases will be forthcoming.


I think this is art...? Tiffy and I saw it at the Union on Friday. It's like a weird black frog.


This stuffed animal was sitting on a bench on State Street on Saturday, with a note pinned to it saying to love it, so I gave it a hug.


Tiffy and I saw these impressive mushrooms at Pheasant Branch.


This is the number I didn't notice over our booth until halfway through dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Tiffy thought it was hilarious that when I asked the waitress if this was the unlucky booth, she just laughed and said yes.


These are the crystals I bought on Friday and Saturday.


Here are some photos from the zoo. First, the red panda.


The flamingos are always so pretty to look at.


There were two grizzly bears wandering around in their enclosure.


And two polar bears who were feeling amorous just before this photo was taken.


The capybara is so cute!


This bird is called a turaco.


I forget what these tiny monkeys are - marmosets? 


The sloth was very slowly munching on a piece of fruit that the zookeeper had given it.


We liked this white-headed duck.


Isn't the alpaca so cute with its wool shaved off for the summer?


And here is the majestic king of the animals - the lion!


Tonight when I went to the garden plot, I found this fascinating moth on my squash plant.


Is it a bad thing to have on my squash plant? Will it lay eggs on it? Of course, this plant is so enormous that it would take a lot of caterpillars to kill it. It's got some spaghetti squash ripening on it. I can't wait to eat those! Yum!


Famous Hat


No comments: