Monday, March 11, 2024

More FitBit Fussing

 

Today I somehow woke up before my alarm, despite it being Daylight Saving Time. I think it was because Travalon got up. It was a busy day at work, and on the bus ride home, we passed a pond where people skate when the water is frozen - so, not much this winter. It made me think of a time I skated on a pond with Mr. Why. It was nothing romantic, in fact I think he might have been hoping to skate with my gorgeous friend (although he always insisted he was gay), but she skated well and I was in dire need of help. Mr. Why was a very good ice skater, and I felt like Ginger dancing with Fred as we glided over the ice together. That is the only time I remember enjoying ice skating.

In the evening Travalon and I went swimming. He was still suffering a bit from that back muscle spasm, and the warm water really helped him. I had to laugh because just yesterday I had blogged about how my FitBit always gives me a lot of credit for active minutes when swimming, no matter how slowly I swim, but not tonight! Tonight it said I had five active minutes during a half-hour swim. Travalon said I should blog about how my FitBit hates me, which was the theme of my post yesterday, but why not today too? Between that and my phone that only sporadically gives me credit for going up staircases, I have about had it with these electronic devices that supposedly track your movements. At least just walking around campus today I got enough active minutes to make up for so few yesterday. Tomorrow, when I'm working from home, it might be harder to get active minutes. Especially if my neighbor is laying in wait for me when I walk by, because then I will for sure not be walking fast enough to get active minutes if we are walking along with her dog. That was the problem I ran into yesterday, or at least one of them. I can't explain walking as fast as possible around the house and getting no credit for active minutes. That's just weird... and discouraging.


Famous Hat


No comments: