Monday, July 22, 2024

Late Night Ice Cream Run

 

Last night Travalon and I did run to the Chocolate Shoppe in Middleton to get some This $&@! Just Got Serious! ice cream. We got there ten minutes before it closed, and there was no line full of old and young people, just a bunch of teenagers goofing around, I suppose the people who worked there and their friends. The ice cream was so good! It was a fun little adventure that didn't take very long.

Today I worked from home, and I saw these pretty flowers in the neighborhood.


The pink flowers look like stargazer lilies (and smelled like them too - mmm!), and my phone thinks the tall red flower is a pontechium. I have never heard of that before, but then I've never seen a flower like that before. It's very cool.

Some more DuoLingo bragging:


Do you care? You know you do! Heck, once I even finished first in the Diamond League!

This evening Travalon and I went to the health club to swim. I just love that. I wish summer could go on forever. Maybe we could have May and October, and there is something exciting about the early thaw, when the birds start migrating through, but I don't really need winter. Travalon pointed out that all the people who moved to Florida and say, "I miss winter so much!" don't ever actually move back. I think they miss some idealized winter evening when they don't have to go anywhere and can watch big, soft flakes spiraling from the sky while the neighborhood is festooned with Christmas lights, but that's not how most of winter is. Most of it is after the Christmas lights are down, and you have to either drive through the snow to get to work or wait outside in the deep cold and growing gloom for the bus. Hard to romanticize that.


Famous Hat


No comments: