Wednesday, July 10, 2024

More Photos of Fireworks over Rice Lake

 

Last night after I had already blogged, I put my new "evil eye protector" bracelet under my blacklight because I suspected the pink bead might glow. Check it out!


Today I worked on campus and walked with my colleague, and on the way to meet her I saw an extraordinary vehicle that seemed to be a cross between a recumbent bicycle and a spaceship. A bunch of people were sitting at a table outside eating lunch, and when it biked by them, they all fell silent. I saw it was still parked in the bike rack when I returned, so I took a couple photos, but you really have to see it in action to appreciate it.



After work I got a haircut. Guess who else got haircuts today? Both Travalon and Anna Banana II. Even OK Cap had a hair appointment today. Who knew it was such a popular day for hair appointments? In other news, today was the birthday of the Dairyman's Daughter. She had a good time hanging out in Spring Green, the "Birthday City." 

Here are some photos from the fireworks we saw on Friday evening. The fireworks were being set off from this little island in the lake.


We saw some cool lit-up boats on the lake. I said, "That's the way to watch fireworks - from a boat!" and then I remembered that in fact we have several times.



Those were from Travalon's good camera. My cell phone took surprisingly good photos of the actual fireworks.
























Travalon made some videos, so at some point I'll make a movie of those and throw it on YouTube and then post the link here.


Famous Hat

No comments: