Monday, March 23, 2020

Cactus Hike and Cuddly Armada


Today Travalon and I met a friend from Slow Food to hike at the Nature Conservancy land near Spring Green where the prickly pears grow. We had a good hike - I got almost all my steps for the day! They had recently done a controlled burn, and you could see how many cacti there were with the other plants burned away. Here are some pictures.



There was also a lot of orange moss, and some that was green. This patch had both colors.


After we bid adieu to our friend, Travalon and I went to Mirror Lake for another short hike. We love that place! It is so beautiful.


When we got home, this cuddly sailboat Ma Hat made for me had arrived! Isn't it cute?


When I first asked Ma Hat if she could make the cuddly sailboat, she didn't respond right away, so I found a couple online made by people in this country, one in Florida and one in Ohio.


Now I have a whole cuddly armada!

Famous Hat

No comments: