Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Crane Fight



I forgot to mention that on Saturday, after we got done at the antique store and Jilly Moose and OK Cap got done at Olbrich, they came over to our house and prayed the rosary with me. Travalon wasn’t interested in joining us, but Michaela hung out with us as we prayed, so I joked that she was the Fluffy Rosary Lady.

I also forgot to mention the crane fight on Friday evening. As soon as I got home from work, I took Michaela out for a walk, and two cranes flew right over our heads, yelling at some cranes on the ground who yelled right back at them. I usually have a warm feeling toward the cranes, but the noise they make is what I imagine a dinosaur sounded like, and it was kind of scary having them yelling at each other like that. Maybe it scared Michaela too, because she woke us up just before six on Saturday morning, crying out in her sleep. She was clearly having a nightmare about something!

Yesterday evening I took Michaela out for a walk in the rain, and she wanted to go onto a piece of private property with a fence around it that she could get under. I wouldn’t let her, so then she sat down and stubbornly refused to move. I told her I didn’t care, I had an umbrella so she was the one who was getting soaked. It took her quite a while to give up on exploring the forbidden area. Then this morning she woke me up at four. I thought she needed to go out, but as soon as I woke up, she went and lay back down again. Once Travalon was up, I told him the story, and he said, “You were really snoring!” so then I figured she must have awakened me to shut me up. I was very stuffed up after she woke me up, so maybe that’s why I was snoring so loudly. I took a decongestant but couldn’t fall back asleep. How will I ever get any sleep if Doggo keeps waking me up early?

Famous Hat


No comments: