Friday, March 27, 2020

Online Meeting as a Plant


Yesterday was my first day back at work, and it was hard to sit in front of a computer all day after days of being outside. One thing that was good about having Wednesday off was that it allowed us to watch a Mass for the Feast of the Annunciation that was being shown live from the Holy Land. Today I used my lunch hour to watch a special blessing that the Pope gave to the whole world. That was so moving! This has been a very strange Lent, but it has been a very prayerful one for me.

Another thing about being under a sort of quarantine is that I am getting adept at using all these online conference applications. I keep forgetting when I'm at work that I'm logged into my work computer, which has no camera or microphone, so then I can't figure out why people can't see or hear me. After all, the laptop I use at home has both. Just today I was in an online meeting where I forgot this once again, and my avatar was a plant. Oops! Not the most professional. I could see and hear everyone else, but I had to type my comments. Still, it was very productive and they thought that I contributed a lot, especially for being a plant and all. One of them pointed out that my maiden name is actually a type of plant, so it was appropos.

Famous Hat

No comments: