Friday, March 13, 2020

Videos of Music in Havana


Friday the 13th, and we're fighting with the neighbors. Remember the fire in the unit below us on Christmas Day? The firemen kicked in our door, and the downstairs neighbor's son, who owns that unit, said he would have his carpenter fix the door. Here it is mid-March, and they still haven't fixed the door, and on top of that they said they needed to get into our bedroom closet to access the crawl space to fix his chimney. Not a good idea on a day when I am feeling under the weather and have raging PMS! I said they could have access when they fixed our d@mn door, or I would contact a lawyer. The condo board is not very helpful either, because they said they would just let the guys in.

Anyway, Travalon and I met Jilly Moose and OK Cap for a fish fry at Waypoint, and then we were in a better mood. To put us all in the best mood possible, I am posting some videos from our time in Havana.

When we had lunch in a courtyard full of peacocks and cats, these musicians strolled in and serenaded us. I wasn't too excited to see them at first, but they were amazing!



When we went to the show at the nightclub, the musicians played my very favorite Cuban tune of all, "El Cuarto de Tula." I can't decide which is more fabulous, the singing or the dancing!


Music was the reason I wanted to visit Cuba so badly, and the island was not letdown!

Famous Hat

No comments: