Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Working from Home for Now...


Day Two of working from home, and it went so smoothly that I was starting to see why people prefer doing it. Instead of sitting at the kitchen table, I just relaxed in my easy chair and put my headphones on. Since I could access my office computer, it was much easier to get work done. My coworkers and I had a couple of teleconferences just to test it out, and that really highlighted how not technologically advanced I am. I had to use my phone, which is annoying because now the app is on my phone for the video chat, and every time someone posts a comment, my phone pings. I hope I can shut it up while I'm on vacation...

Good thing I'm adapting to working from home, because the Chancellor emailed today to say we would be doing this for the rest of the semester. We all joked about how dogs and cats and kids are trying to distract us, and we showed them off. Now I'm glad I got my work plants, because the powers that be are putting our building on lockdown, although I believe all of us who had access after hours can still get in using our cards. They are worried about other people coming in while nobody is there to stop them, which is a real concern because my boss did go into the office yesterday, and she ran into some random people in the elevator who could not explain what they were doing there. Interesting times we're living in... Ever since I was a kid, I always thought there would be something major about the year 2020, and recently I had been telling Travalon that I felt like something bad was going to happen to a lot of people this year, and now this has happened. Weird.

Famous Hat

No comments: