Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Photos: Mardi Gras, Leap Day, and Prairie Man's Birthday


Here are some photos and videos of my recent adventures. This first video is of the beautiful snowfall on a Monday a couple of weeks ago.


And here is a video of Michaela the Pomeranian enjoying the snow:



This first photo is of the two stuffed herpes viruses so that you can see how they aren't the same:


Here are some photos from Mardi Gras at North of the Bayou:



When I bought my coworkers little plants in magnetic pots for Christmas, you will be stunned to learn that I also bought one for myself. It seems to be doing well, which is not true for some of my coworkers' plants.


My Christmas cactus at worked bloomed.


Here are some photos and videos from the International Festival on Leap Day. First is a video of a Cuban guy playing guitar and singing "El Cuarto de Tula."


Next is the Afro-Cuban band singing a song I recognize, but I don't know the name of it. Does anyone know?


This is the little Hmong ornament I bought at the festival. I hung it up at work.


I also bought the giraffe on the right at the festival. The one on the left is from the Como Park Zoo gift shop.


After the festival, Travalon and I went for a walk at Pheasant Branch, and then he warmed up with a mocha served in a Star Wars comic book-style mug. Also note his vintage Brewers cap.


Here is a photo from Sunday at Devil's Lake. It was such a gorgeous day.


This is Prairie Man's birthday cake. It was an angel food cake.


And here is Prairie Man with the candles on his cake lit!


I forgot to take a photo of the turtle Travalon bought at the festival. Sorry! I will post one soon.

Famous Hat

No comments: