Monday, March 30, 2020

Mysterious Vanishing Boardwalk


Last night, after I wrote, I took a list of my favorite salsa songs that I had found while cleaning, and I listened to the ones I didn't remember or hadn't heard in a while. (I compiled this list about a dozen years ago.) Some of them were so good! I was really dancing around to them, and that put me in such a good mood. Maybe all we need to get through this social isolation is some Latin music.

Today as soon as I got off work, Travalon and I went for a hike to find the mysterious boardwalk and gate that we had seen in the marsh further down the river. We kept seeing these little hearts in the woods.



We found a path that went beside the lake, and it had some stunning views.



One thing we did not find was a path that went to the mysterious boardwalk. I thought of going to the other side of the river, across from where we had seen it, but we couldn't see anything. So we went home, and I went out on the dock, and sure enough, there was no sign of it! I would think I was going crazy, but Travalon saw it too, and we looked at it through our binoculars. It looked like some sort of permanent structure, and now it has vanished! What a mystery!

Famous Hat

No comments: