Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Japanese Mongolian Food for St. Patrick's Day


Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, and the anniversary of my baptism, but I couldn't go to Mass because the bishop has reluctantly canceled all public Masses until at least April. The adoration chapel is still open, and it was my regularly scheduled hour at six, so at least I was able to do that. After that, Travalon and I went to Richard Bonomo's house, because it was the birthday of the Japanese professor who always comes to visit. A Mongolian lady made fried rice and miso soup, and Rich made corned beef (but not cabbage) and a black magic birthday cake. Kathbert, Rich's housemate Jailbird Jones, and a Japanese undergrad were also there. I dressed for the occasion:


We are not allowed to have gatherings of more than ten people by order of the governor or the president or someone, but there were only eight of us, so we were good.

Today was kind of a crazy day. They finally fixed our front door, and that was very loud. We also had to empty out our bedroom closet so the chimney guys could get at the door into the crawl space, and then they were banging around in there for hours. Michaela was going kind of nuts, begging to go outside and then immediately turning around and begging to go inside. I can understand - it was very disorienting with all that loud banging and sawing! But that should be the end of it, and things calmed down at work so I should be able to take a week of staycation with no issues.

Famous Hat


No comments: