Thursday, March 12, 2020

Photos of Olbrich and Houses with Towers


Poop just got real, as they (sort of) say. The university where I work will go to online classes because of the corona virus. I am still supposed to go to work on campus, but today I stayed home sick with a bad cough. If I had shown up, people are so paranoid about the corona virus that they probably would have made me go right back home and stay there for fourteen days.

Here are some recent photos. First, the key rack that Rich gave me for hanging my rosaries on:


This is the turtle Travalon got at the International Festival. I suggested calling it Zuni.


Here are some photos from Olbrich. Eek, a snake! But he's a friendly snake.


I had a plant with a flower like this, but mine died.


This is a titan arum. I believe it is the offspring of the one from the Botany greenhouse, and I helped raise that one, so in a sense this is my green grandchild.


And here are some short videos of a giant koi with fancy fins and some waterfalls.




Now here are some photos from our trip on Sunday. This condo on Sunset Bay has a tower like a lighthouse.


This house on the path to Paradise Island has a tower like a castle.


And these are the shanties near our health club. I especially like the turquoise one with the pink trim in the top photo, and the extra skinny teal one in the bottom one.



And finally, since I love lights that change colors, here is a lantern our neighbors have outside of their condo.


Famous Hat

No comments: