Sunday, December 6, 2020

I Finished the Mount Fuji Challenge!!

 

Happy St. Nicholas Day! Today at brunch, our organist gave me a rosary that glows in the dark, and I prayed it as Travalon and I drove to Sauk. We took a walk in the VFW Park, but we didn't see any eagles. Here are some photos of the bluffs and river.




There were a lot of boats by the dam, so something must be biting. Then we went to the Merrimac section of the Ice Age Trail for a hike, because I only needed three miles to finish the Mount Fuji Challenge. Here are some photos of the scenery on that section of the trail. It's in the Baraboo Range, so it was almost like being in the mountains.








I saw some white bushes from a distance and wondered what would be blooming at this time of year, but it was just some fluffy seedpods.


Here is a picture of the trail itself.


We wanted to get home in time for the Packers game, and it would be an hour going back via Sauk, but to our delight the Merrimac Ferry was still running, so then it was more like 35 minutes to get home. Here are some photos from the ferry.




We stopped at the boat launch in Okee to take some photos of Paradise Island and a cool bluff across the lake. It may be Owl's Head Bluff - I haven't looked at it from that angle before.




On the way home Travalon took a picture of Webster Bluff from another angle.


I was good and attended my online Irish class, since we were recording the game. Of course the Pack got two touchdowns during that time, and then when I was watching they looked ready to throw it all away, letting the Eagles get two touchdowns in two minutes. (They ran back a punt for a touchdown.) The Pack had two three-and-outs, so it looked like they might actually lose, but then Aaron Jones had a HUGE run for a touchdown, and then Darnell Savage had an interception, so that was it. Right after the game, I watched the second quarter so we could get the recording off our DVR. Then after dinner we gave each other St. Nicholas Day presents. Here we are wearing them.



Here are Randy Panda and Grandy Panda all snuggled in after the game.


And here is my certificate for finishing the challenge!! I was able to create a copy and remove my legal name, but I wasn't adept enough to add "Famous Hat" to it. Oh well, you get the idea.


The program pulled data from my phone once every six hours, so I was waiting for 6:00 this evening, knowing that's when it would get my miles from our afternoon hike. So exciting! They should be shipping my medal mid-month, so I'll post photos of it on here when I get it.


Famous Hat




No comments: