Friday, December 11, 2020

Lots of Good News Tonight!!

 

The good news is coming hard and fast tonight! Yesterday Travalon got an email that said if he hadn't heard anything about his job by next Tuesday, then he could assume he no longer had a job. He was very sad, because he loves working with the little kids, but he squared his shoulders and said he could drive more Door Dash, and that maybe after the New Year he would start looking for something more permanent. But then... this evening he got a call that they are interested in hiring him for a better position!! He would be an assistant teacher, not just a driver. He might start right after Christmas! And then he finished the Mount Fuji Challenge!! 

Still, I was very sad to think that our votes here in Wisconsin might not count because other states were suing us. I went into the bedroom to pray a rosary and said Travalon could interrupt me with good news, but please let me finish if the news was bad. He was watching the news, where they kept saying the Supreme Court was about to issue some kind of statement. Then he came in while I was on the third mystery (the Crowning with Thorns) and said the Supreme Court had thrown the case out!!! So happy that other states don't get to dictate that my vote doesn't count!!! I was beginning to wonder what kind of a banana republic we lived in, where I could just be disenfranchised like that because other states didn't like the results of our election. The answer is that we do still live in a democracy!! Praise God!!!


Famous Hat


No comments: