Monday, December 21, 2020

(Maybe) Seeing the Planetary Conjunction

 

Today at lunch my neighbor and I saw another train. The short video is the whistle, and the long video is the train, which is kind of colorful - blue and yellow. Another day we saw a prettier train that was blue, yellow, and red, but we were too far away for me to get a really good video of that one.




Here are the rosaries I got at the antiques shop in Waterloo, except for the bracelet, which I got at the St. Vincent de Paul store in Sun Prairie on Saturday. It has eleven beads, so not really a rosary; I used it to pray a Sacred Heart Chaplet. It does have a crucifix and small medal of Our Lady on it. The rosary on the far left has only four decades, and one has only eight beads, and the one made of large, flat seeds has a decade missing a bead. It's always an adventure praying with antique rosaries!


Speaking of which, Travalon went to the antiques shop in Oconomowoc today, and he found these very pretty objects, but he sent me a photo and said they were expensive. I looked at the photo and said they were necklaces, not rosaries, so I wasn't interested anyway.


This is the package of Random Stuff I got. Not pictured: Travalon's gloves, a box of truffles. As you can see, this stuff all seems new, so I feel like the giver thought this was more of a Secret Santa situation than a collect-the-rando-junk-around-your-house situation.


Tonight Travalon, my neighbor, her son, and I went to Holy Wisdom Monastery to try to see the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn. It was very cloudy; I saw a bright light near the horizon that resolved into two separate lights when I looked through the binoculars, but it was so low that I wasn't 100% convinced it wasn't just a light on a building or something. Then we came home and I watched a bit of the live feed of the event, and it did look like what I saw. So did I see it for real? So hard to say.

I forgot to mention on yesterday's post that in Sauk City we saw a sign that said: "Bluffs aren't just funny. They're hill areas." That's a dad joke if ever I heard one!


Famous Hat


No comments: