Sunday, December 27, 2020

Third Day of Christmas (Second Day of Eagles)

 

This morning after Mass, as we were walking to brunch, Cecil Markovitch noticed this falcon just hanging out on State Street. She (I actually have no idea what its gender is) seemed very mellow about him, Rich, Travalon, and me staring at her, and Travalon and I took some photos. This one, from Travalon's cell phone, is the best one. Finally she got fed up with all of us staring at her, and she flew off. The waitress at Tutto Pasta could see us all looking at something with great interest from her vantage point inside the restaurant, but she couldn't see the falcon from where she was across the street, so we explained it once we got there.


Then Travalon and I went back out to Sauk; all the interesting ducks were gone, but we did see some mallard ducks.


We both forgot Travalon's new tripod yesterday, so he brought it today and eagerly tried it out. Here is the first photo he took using it, of that bluff across the river.


We didn't see any eagles at the VFW Park, but we did see two down by the dam.



It really started to snow. This photo of the dam shows you how hard it was snowing.


On the drive to Sauk, I prayed using the bracelet rosary in this photo. These are all rosaries I got at the Madison antiques mall. The small white one on the right is going to be the most challenging one of all to pray, because it has one decade missing a bead right in the middle, one "decade" with eight beads, one "decade" with six beads, and the fourth "decade" only has two beads! It clearly had a rough life.


On the way back from Sauk, I joined a Zoom call with my parents and my aunt and uncle who live in Colorado. I asked if they had seen the conjunction, and my uncle sent me this cool photo he took of a pink cloud pointing right at the "Christmas Star." It's like the finger of God saying: "Here!" The conjunction is on the left side of the photo.


After that, Travalon and I needed some more steps, so we took a walk in the new-fallen snow. It was very peaceful, and somewhat warmer than earlier today. Travalon took these photos of our neighbors' lights, which I have featured on this blog before, but now you can see them with snow.



Okay, I have to wrap this up because the Packers will be playing in a few minutes. They will also be playing next Sunday, on my birthday. If they beat the Bears, that will be an awesome birthday present.


Famous Hat


No comments: