Thursday, December 3, 2020

Winter Sunset

 

I have photos of the items I won in the online auction: two rosaries, the cheesy box the second rosary came in, the tiny club teapot, and the two glass fish.


Here I am wearing my new Ice Cube T-shirt. Doing my part to support research at the South Pole!


And my new hoodie came today! This is also a fundraiser, for an Irish club. It says "The Irish-Speaking Region of the Midwest" in Irish.


Yesterday Travalon took a walk at Governor's Island at sunset.




Today at 4:30, just as we were finishing work, one of my coworkers messaged the rest of us to say there was a cool sunset going on. Travalon and I rushed outside, and he brought his good camera.




Here it is reflected off our neighbors' windows.


It just kept getting more intense in color.



But off to the side it was lavender.




Here it is almost gone, but you can still see the afterglow.


I saw something white and triangular across the lake and wondered if it was really a sailboat. I mean, the water is already starting to freeze over. Travalon didn't see it, but he gave me the camera so I could zoom in... and it was a Christmas tree! I couldn't get a good photo of it, but here's a totally out of focus one:


I'll try again sometime. That did inspire us to dig up our little Christmas tree, and I turned on the lights in the loft, but unfortunately the little moon light we got at Books a Million! is very faint. Maybe I can change the lightbulb in it... But even without it, it's sparkly in here!


Famous Hat



No comments: