Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last Post of 2020

 

Our neighbors told us that the tundra swans have moved over to Governor Nelson State Park, so this morning Travalon and I went over there with our good cameras, and we took some photos:







The gray swan is a young one. It's still a teenager. They don't become white until they are adults. Here is a photo of Maple Bluff all covered with snow:


Travalon sent me this photo of what he does at work - he helped kids make an obstacle course and then run through it. And he gets paid to do this!


A neighbor gave me this cookie, and I thought it was so cute that I had to take a picture. I thought it was store-bought, but it's homemade, so I did try it - I split it with Travalon. It was delicious!


Last night I was doing dishes too late at night, and I broke this tiny brandy snifter that we got at the Bunny Berrigan Jazz Jubilee. Since this festival no longer happens, I felt very bad, but then I realized the stem had broken but the bowl was still intact, so I glued it together with super glue. It's at a whacky angle, but it sort of still works...


Today I went to Fired Up and made a rosary fridge magnet to match my rosary suncatcher. Then I made a fridge magnet with an ancient Celtic design on it, and then I thought, "What would really complete the Irishness of this collection of magnets would be beer or whiskey." Then I spotted a piece of glass that would make a sort of convincing bottle of whiskey, although it looks more like a bottle of really expensive cognac. Anyway, I think it's cute.


Tonight Travalon and I were going to go to Mariner's for our New Year's Eve dinner, but I woke up this morning thinking that was a very bad idea. When I don't heed these feelings, it usually works out badly, so I talked to Travalon, who pointed out we could order our dinner to go. Great idea!... except that he sat there waiting for an hour, while our food sat there waiting for forty-five minutes because nobody told him it was ready. We were both very frustrated, but what a fitting end to 2020. Anyway, dinner was mostly still warm, and once we heated it briefly in the microwave, it was delicious. We had tenderloin and shrimp. After I finish this blog post, we will have the last of the cassata and maybe a shot to celebrate surviving this crazy year. Happy New Year!

Famous Hat


No comments: