Sunday, June 18, 2023

Avocadocorn

 

I know today's blog post title (which Tiffy recommended using) sounds like a recipe for street tacos or something, but it's much weirder than that. This morning Tiffy and I got up and went to Mass at St. Mary's, one of two Catholic churches in downtown Galena. I took this photo after Mass; I wanted to wait until everyone left, but everyone just kept standing there.


Here is the outside.


I have been to the other church in Galena, St. Michael's which was built by Father Mazzuchelli. After Mass we had brunch at the Victory Diner, which I have passed many times but never eaten at before, and then we went to the trolley depot to see about getting a trolley ride. There were still rides available at 1:30 and 2:30, so we chose the 1:30 option. Then we went shopping. The first place we went to was Poopsie's, which now says it is "supersize," plus it was right by the trolley depot. They had a lot of stuffed animals in there, and one was an avocadocorn. I have blogged previously about how they are now putting horns on every stuffed animal, and on our last trip to Galena, Travalon and I acquired a chickacorn. But this was a stuffed avocado, sliced in half with a smiley face on the pit and a unicorn horn. I'm sure you'll join me in saying: What the what??? I took a photo of it, but alas, some of my photos are still stuck in the cloud or something, so enjoy this photo of a funny sign outside a shop that sold smoking stuff.


I did not buy the avocadocorn. There was also a Day of the Dead avocado and a space alien avocado at Poopsie's, in case you were wondering what other weird variations of cuddly avocados you could get there. Then we went to Tiffy's favorite shop, the crystal shop, and bought some crystals. We went up and down the main street before we took the trolley ride, then after the trolley ride we walked out on the bridge across the Galena River and looked back at the town. A train came by, so we watched it. (We also watched one go over the bridge in Dubuque yesterday.) We had some seafood chowder, shopped some more, listened to a guy playing the accordion (he was really good), and shopped some more. I bought some silly things.




This is a journal, so maybe not quite so silly.


I even bought more crystals. I am not sure why all my photos downloaded from the cloud except the avocadocorn, the very namesake of this blogpost. It will just have to wait for a subsequent post.

We had dinner at the Japanese restaurant, then we came back to the hotel and waited until nine to swim. To our delight, we were the only ones in the pool. There was a lap lane roped off, and there were some fun beach balls in the pool. There was also a hot tub. I give this pool high marks, because it has a bathroom and showers right there. It's a little cool, but perfect for swimming laps.

Wait, hold the presses! The avocadocorn photo has downloaded to Boethius!


And a profile pic.


Now this blogpost is complete, and I can finally sign off.


Famous Hat

No comments: