Thursday, June 22, 2023

Doobie Brothers and Forward Game

 

Yesterday our gig at Make Music Madison went okay, but I had to play melody because only one fiddle could make it. We had a big audience at first, but they dwindled after a few songs, and I thought it was my fault as I struggled to play the melodies that I was basically sight-reading. But later one of my bandmates sent a couple of videos which are not high enough quality to post here, and I could see that the fiddle messed up but there was the mandolin, resolutely plunking out the melody. It's funny how sometimes a person's self-concept is different than objective reality.

In the evening Travalon and I went to see the Doobie Brothers at Breese Stevens Field. They were awesome, especially the saxophone player. They played all their hits, and also "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" and Steely Dan's "Pretzel Logic." I wore tie-dye and also Niko as a necklace; I was going to put the photo here, but of course Blogspot loaded the photos in reverse order again, so look for that at the end of this post.

Today was a crazy day at work because it was my first day back after three days off, then in the evening Travalon and I met Jilly Moose and OK Cap at Breese Stevens Field to see the Forward play Lexington in a soccer game. (I got free tickets through work.) OK Cap noted that it was her second night in a row there, and I said, "No way! Were you at the concert too?" We never saw each other. 

The game was so much fun, and they gave us color-changing straws, flamingo visors, and 3-D glasses to watch a very short movie before the game and another one at half time. We also were part of a world record for the most people standing on one foot at the same time. The Forward scored two goals early in the game, and we happened to miss both goals. Then Lexington scored two goals, but the Forward scored again, and this time we all saw it. The final score was 3-2. Here are some photos. You can see that I wore Niko as a necklace again, and he even went better with this outfit than the tie-dye.

This is the pink smoke they release when the Forward win.

Travalon took a really good photos of us ladies.

And here's the photo of how I dressed for the concert: with eyeball earrings, the eyeball bracelet, and then Niko is kind of an eyeball necklace.

One of the faculty saw Niko today (the one who commented about how I was so into eyeballs), and she said Niko was "kind of cute." I think he's really cute. Maybe I'll wear him as a necklace tomorrow too.


Famous Hat


No comments: