Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Back to Reality: Condo Association Meeting

 

This morning Tiffy and I got up and had breakfast at the hotel, where a TV was showing a news station that has been sued multiple times for lying, and when they won the suits it was by saying they are entertainment, not news, so everyone knows not to believe them. Anyway, they were all hot about a particular news story, and a woman saw it and got all excited, thinking all the people in a political party she doesn't like are going to be rounded up and shot now. This apparently really made her day. I am hopeful that she is not right about this, but listening to her was really getting to me, so we left.

We drove back to Madison, stopping for a short walk in Mineral Point along a path where butterflies danced around us and we could hear the running water of a small creek beside us. Then Tiffy left, and I went for a long walk on Governor's Island, marred only by some loud music coming from a boat in Three Foot Bay. The plants all looked very stressed from the drought we're having. 

This evening we had a condo association meeting on the lawn; we have to do an assessment for new roofing and siding, so I expected it to be really contentious, but people were surprisingly adult about it. Then Travalon and I sat on the dock and talked about our weekends. He went to a coffeehouse and a brewery on Friday evening, then Saturday he went fishing during the day, had lunch at Rookies, and met Cecil Markovitch, the Single B-Boy, Rich, and Kathbert at the Union Terrace to hear some live music for Jazz Fest. Sunday he saw his family and went to Holy Hill for Mass, then he went to Kohler-Andrae State Park and Sheboygan. Monday he hung out with an old high school friend, the one we always used to spend New Year's Eve with. So he had a really fun weekend too.

Here are the crystals I bought in Galena. Three of them are jasper, and the greenish one is something that I can't remember the name of, but it has little purple flecks that glow under blacklight.


Here is a photo of it under blacklight. It's hard to see in this photo.


I saw my T-shirt was glowing under the blacklight, so I took this sketchy selfie.


When Travalon went to Mass at Holy Hill on Sunday, he bought me a rosary!


He knows me all too well!


Famous Hat


No comments: